CURRENTLYIt's March and Winter will end soon. While it's still cold outside, indoor activities beckon. We look at art galleries as places for esthetic and practical pleasures. The photographs may be seen in full size by clicking on each picture in the article.
- Top 10 Burt Reynolds FilmsTop 10 Burt Reynolds Films Robert Hensley-King I can hear you thinking: a Burt Reynolds top 10, really? Before you jump to any conclusions, please allow me to give you some of the background for this article. Juliette Lord thought a monthly fun – not to mention well-argued and curated – top-10 movie list […]Thelma Lay
- GET THE GLOW by Madeline ShawGet the Glow by Madeline Shaw will be available from April 2015 Back in August 2013 we ran a feature on London based nutritionist Madeline Shaw, who just happens to run one of the best websites on healthy eating I have come across. With a particular and personal interest in the growing rate of Irritable […]Juliette Lord
- DC THE CAPITAL WITH A HEARTBy Juliette Lord Capital cities are not known for being friendly. London, Paris you will be hard pressed to get a smile from someone on the Metro. But DC is different and it comes as a very welcome surprise for anyone who has visited New York for example. The people in DC […]Thelma Lay
- WE HAVE LIFT OFFMANIERA DISTRICT COO JULIETTE LORD AND MANIERA DISTRICT WRITER MAKEDA JOHN PHOTOS BY TASHA PAGE The new MANIERA DISTRICT magazine is born. On the 7 November 2014 we held our launch party in the beautiful ballroom of the Fairfax Hotel at Embassy Row, Washington DC. and we finally got to hold a print copy […]Juliette Lord
- The Fairfax at Embassy Row- Grace, Elegance and StyleOur luxury Washington, D.C. hotel embraces the style and grace of a bygone era. Nestled among fashionable boutiques, unrivaled dining and iconic monuments, The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C. is perfectly situated in Dupont Circle, one of Washington’s most vibrant neighborhoods.. Originally marketed as “Washington’s Family Hotel” The Fairfax was the home of Al […]Thelma Lay
- Top 10 Burt Reynolds Films
O Art. Art. Where for art thou art?
It’s still Winter even if March has arrived. There is ice and wind and I’m tired of the cold but staying inside is getting so boring (pronounced BORE-ING!). So what […]
by Sammie Audion The night was falling over the forest, gently hugging the pines like a coat as if they needed protection. Snowflakes softly kissed the trees, dressing up the […]
I recently rented a townhouse at the edge of a French village set in the early 1950s. Across a canal from my house is a country trail… White fences and […]
When you think of the blues, you think about misfortune, betrayal, and regret. You lose your job? You get the blues. You didn’t win that contest? You get the blues. […]